So its that time of the year once again. Students up and down the country are arming themselves with some revision cards and a highlighter and revising like crazy. However there are some steps you can take to not only maximise your grades but also to maximise your well being and health during this very stressful time (trust me I get it. A level student right here)
- Eat the right stuff . Its very important that your body and mind has the right fuel to function at its optimum, and I know that in this busy time its tempting to reach for a pot noodle and a packet of crisps . DON’T ! instead try and eat a range of foods that will release slow energy, fill you up and be full of anti oxidants and properties that may just boost your memory ! such as fruits like blueberries. there is research linking the consumption of blueberries to better exam grades !!! I remember in secondary/high school when I was sweet 16 and taking my GCSE exams the school would make us drink blueberry smoothies before our exams haha. other good foods include porridge and oily fish.
- Drink plenty of H20. Aim to drink a glass of water when you wake up and 1 with every meal. Don’t forget to carry around a bottle of the stuff when you’re out and about. I find that this is when I’m most likely to forget to drink.
- Get your Beauty Sleep. It is recommended to try and aim for around 7-9 hours of sleep per night. This is such an important one !! when we sleep is when our brains commit what we just revised into long term memory. without the right amount of sleep this process will be interrupted and your brain functioning and memory will be impaired.
- Don’t Procrastinate !! This is kind of an obvious one but still, if you don’t revise or revise the night before you will not get the grades that your are capable of. You want to be able to look back at your exams and think ‘I did the best that I could’
- Dont stress to much ! At the end of the day this isn’t about getting straight As… Its about getting the best grades that you are capable of ,whether thats an A, a C or a F
Those are my tried and tested ways to survive the exam period. Now go forth and succeed !!!! Good luck xxx